Tuesday, February 12, 2008

VACATION, VACATION...

Today is exactly 1 week since I am officially unemployed, but it feels like a month or even more, maybe because I've been in 3 countries since, traveled thousands of miles, ate all sorts of foods and met about 25 new people. And I'm so not getting tired of repeating how liberating it is and just plain nice to be free of work and worries about the money... Oh well, I guess I will be worrying about the money by the end of this year...

Anyways, after staying a couple of days in Auckland and taking care of some business matters there on Monday, we took a bus and arrived in Rotorua yesterday night. Rotorua is about 3 hours south from Auckland and is famous for having lots and lots of thermal waters and geizers and boiling mud of all sorts. That's why when you approach the city you notice that stinky sulphur smell in the air all around, which after a while you get accustomed to. Rotorua is also where Katy's parents live and where we will be staying our most of the time in New Zealand. I will later put up some pictures I took, when we get the broadband connection, because right now they're using dial up and you know how painful it is. So, now I'm sitting in the internet cafe, but hopefully tomorrow we will get broadband so, then I will uploac some pictures.

Today was very lazy day, as probably will be many more other days.. haha~ Okay, I guess I'll try to write something more interesting later. I'm sort of bummed at the moment and even a cup of espresso is not helping out a lot...

No comments:

Post a Comment