Saturday, March 8, 2008

Lazy bums...

Last week on Friday, Katy, Ivanka and I went to the logging site with Katy's father, leaving Mom behind. He was doing his job and we were just hanging nearby and taking pictures. Native New Zealand forest doesn't stop amazing me. It looks very unusual to me, because of the variance of trees you can see. In one single forest you can see the pine trees, which I associate with the cooler regions, along with all kinds of ferns, vines, and other tropical plants. I think I've mentioned it several times, but this kind of forest does look perfect for filming movies like Jurassic park... No need to say that all of the way to the logging site, the scenes to the right and left are very much picturesque as well. On our way we stopped for a short snack/toilet time right on the beach. New Zealand has so many beautiful beaches where there're no people to be found at all, that whenever I see them I keep thinking about beaches in Korea, where you sit 1 meter away from someone else. Unfortunately, I haven't swam ones for all that time that I've been here.... Somehow, here swimming in the ocean doesn't quite come to your mind first. When you see the beach the first thought in your head is to just look at it and breath in that salty sea air.
Other than that we're just really hanging out around the house, go to the lake, getting a tan in the backyard... in other words just being lazy bums... haha~


During the stop on the way to the logging site. Opotiki Beach.






In some places all ground is covered with this kind of fern.








The native forest I was talking about above.

Ivanka is having fun in the forest. Katy's mom made this high-visibility jacket off dad's sleeve for Ivanka so that she didn't get lost.

Me in my high-vis shirt and gumboots. You have to wear that helmet for safety at the logging sites.







Four of us on a break.
More pictures of the forest.

Ivanka exploring smells and sounds.







The next day on Saturday we went to the dog-training session. Katy's mom really hoped Ivanka would get certified this time, but... we didn't... The guy in the picture is a trainer showing Wendy how to train Ivanka and the bigger dog lying on the ground is a very smart Border Collie named Sugar.

No comments:

Post a Comment