Wednesday, May 7, 2008

WHERE ARE YOU FROM? "ISRAEL".

DISCLAIMER: The author of this blog has no antisemitic feelings of any sorts and kinds to the people of any sorts and kinds. In fact, the author of this blog sympathises with the Jews, because of the history and other crap that happened to them. If you get offended by the title of this blog let me know and I come up with the less rasist and offensive title. Thank you.


In a few hours we get on yet another bus and go for 10 hours to the town called Pakse in Southern Laos. This time, however, since we've decided that our last days of traveling we will be travelling in-style, to the extent to which our money and other factors allow, we got a sleeping bus, with sort of real beds. Now all I can think of and pray about is that those beds didn't have ANY sorts of bugs and insects. Last night we bought an insect-killer spray and I fumigate the entire room and all our clothes. We were so tired today, maybe because of all those chemicals on our skin and in our lungs. I'm so not happy with these bedbugs...


Now going back to the disclaimer above, you must be wondering what's this all about. Well, we caught up with Katinka last night and having someone to complain to about our sores and sad things that happened to us was kind of relieving. Yeah... it's definitely good to have a third person to complain to, BUT (and this is where the disclaimer jumps in), it makes us Israeli tourists. See?.. I didn't know that too, but apparently worldwide the Israeli tourists are known for being very negative and complaining too much and try to get the best possible deal out of everything and anything regardless of whether it is appropriate. Now, I think it's clever, but many people don't. Anyway, it's like saying the Russians drink, Americans get fat, Chinese are loud and smelly. Here we go, a full throttle at racism. Maybe I need to make this post private and allow only a few people to see it, but then it would defeat my purpose, so, I'm sticking to my guns.

As Katinka wisely noted, this and a few other posts that I put up in the internet at various points of time, might cost me an interview with the prospective employer. Apparently checking your Internet activities is on some companies' background check list. Oh well, in that case they'll loose more than I, won't they?

No comments:

Post a Comment